Military Records

How can I get a copy of my military records?

Most military records are stored at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri.

Visit the National Personnel Records Center website

This is also an area where a congressional office can really help. If you are trying to get records from your military service, or that of a family member, feel free to contact my office. I will need your written permission to help with this issue. To make that easier, click here to send a request for assistance. Due to the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974, you will also need to complete and sign the “Authorization Form” which accompanies this form. Any federal agency I contact on your behalf will need your written consent to communicate with me about your specific situation. You can print the Authorization Form by clicking here and mail, fax, or scan it to me at: P.O. Box 1830 Hickory, NC 28603 Fax: 828.327.8311 If you have any questions about this process or military records in general, you can contact my assistant for Veterans matters: Questions? Call my office.